- This event has passed.
Astronomia Shop Day at Leighton Observatory, Pex Hill, Saturday 22nd November 2014
Saturday, 22nd November 2014 @ 15:00 - 17:00Free
Adele Horton from Astronomia will be running a portable shop at the observatory on Saturday 22nd November.
Adele has indicated that if any members would like to see any astronomical equipment, telescopes, mounts, binoculars, eyepieces, filters, and even astronomical books, she will do her best to bring it up to Liverpool, with a view in making purchase of some kind. If you would like to take up this offer, then you can either contact Gerard Giligan or perhaps you would like to contact Adele direct: – firstname.lastname@example.org, web site address is http://www.astronomia.co.uk/
As part of the presentation at the QMH on Friday evening, Adele along with Neil Phillipson hope to demonstrate the basics of telescopes designs, and then following a tea/coffee break a more advance lecture for the long standing members.
For the Saturday, Adele is unable to stay at the observatory too late as due to other commitments, so if you wish to attend, please do try to be there for 3pm.
From the Astronomia website:
Astronomia is actually rather unique. We’re specialists in optics – and that’s all we do! Our passion is for telescopes and binoculars – of all shapes and sizes – and we take enormous pleasure in helping all kinds of astronomers (especially beginners) to select the right instrument for their needs.
At Astronomia we have a rule – if it won’t give you a view that makes you say “Wow!”, we don’t sell it. With optics, we don’t compromise. That’s why we’ve identified the very best telescope manufacturers and brought their finest instruments together to form a range that is virtually unparalleled in the UK. And when we say a ‘range’ – we mean the biggest range of telescopes in the South of England – and at Astronomia you can see, touch, try and even lift every single one on display!
So we’ve got the biggest range. That part was easy. But we haven’t stopped there. Below are some of the really special things we do because, frankly, we’re hell-bent on being the very best astronomy shops there are!
- Full-Price Trade-ins – bring back any telescope within 12 months of purchase, and we’ll give you the full price back against an upgraded model! …
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee – If you change your mind, all you have to do is return the item in saleable condition and we’ll give you a full, immediate refund. …
- Lifetime Care – We’ll collimate your telescope for free, for life – just bring it back to us and we’ll return it to optimum performance. We have our own workshop at our Dorking store and also work with a number of UK service centres for specialist repairs.
- Always Observing – If your telescope is with us for any reason, we’ll try to offer you a loan instrument because we don’t want you to miss any precious clear nights!
- Part of the Community – We don’t hide away in our shop selling telescopes. We’re out there observing, supporting local societies