Reply To: Fireball?

Mark Galvin
Administrator
0p

Hi Phil, Mark (web admin) here.

It does look like a glitch – when I log in as an admin, your first post is visible to me. It looks like it’s somehow not showing up for everyone else though. Leave it with me and I’ll see if I can restore it to its rightful place!

There’s no obvious reason why it isn’t showing up, so it might require a bit of digging on my part.

For reference here’s what is says:

Friday, 21st September 2012 at 23:50 UTC #

Hi all. Having attended the Society Meeting and travelled back to Wigan I saw what I can only describe as a large blue and orange fireball travelling approx east to west with flames breaking off it!!
It was observed at approximately 10.55pm. It was travelling at what appeared to be the speed of an aircraft at an elevation of about 20 degrees. I immediately checked the NEWS and caught the first reports of similar observations across the country reported as a meteor shower. I have seen many meteors before but nothing likt this! Anyone else observe the same? Most dramatic thing I have ever seen in the night sky!!

Arthur Dent: "But what is it? What’s worth a statue fifteen miles high? "
Bird: "It was of great symbolic importance to our ancestors, it’s called ’Arthur Dent Throwing the Nutrimatic Cup’. "
Arthur: "Sorry, what did you say?"

Viewed 0 times
This entry was posted on by .