Astrophotography Scopes

The Liverpool Astronomical Society Forums Help and Advice Astrophotography Scopes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tony Fort 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mike
    0p

Hi all, i am in the process of looking for a scope for some beginner photography with my dad. I have been advised at the very least i should be looking at the skywatcher explorer 150-p (eq3-2). With this Stockport Telescopes advised me i would be able to fit motor drive at a later date and also start to get some decent moon, planetary and some deep space objects. This would be enough to keep me going as a beginner. I was wanting to know if the advice i had been given was correct or if any other forum users may suggest another scope?

Many Thanks
    Mike

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

Hi Mike, I have had a look on the forums and not found any bad reports regarding this scope. It is sounds like a good all rounder scope for observing galaxies, nebulae, lunar and planets. The addition of a R.A (for tracking) motor will certainly improve the viewing experience as this will keep the object in the eyepiece rather then sailing past. This will give a more relaxed view as the object will stay ‘still’. The motor is essential for any imaging as you will need to track for  many seconds to record some of the bright nebula. You may be able to attach a camera on top of the mount to do some wide field constellion shots rather then through the telescope. If you can call in at the observatory on a Wednesday evening then we can chat better.
    Regards from Dave Galvin.

mike
    0p

Thanks for the response David, think this is gonna be the one we start with then. I will get down to see you all within a fortnight or so. Should be able to get the money together for this scope within a month, and i already cant wait.

Mike

Tony Fort
    0p

Hi David I popped down the other night and was very impressed with what Brendan had to show us. I, also, am interested in astrophotography in the future and have just bought a Skywatcher Matsukov Cassegraine 90mm. Would this be OK for astrophotography (beginners of course) and what else would I need to set it up for such (motor drive? any recommendations?). I have a Canon Digital SLR camera and wondered if what I had was suitable. Cheers Tony

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 637 times
This entry was posted on by .