Court hey park meeting

The Liverpool Astronomical Society Forums Events Stargazing Live Court hey park meeting

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phil Bryan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mike76
    0p

Hi there I’m very new to this . Have just registered on the forum and am just wondering if the court hey park meeting is still on and if so were exactly do we meet up . Am hoping to get a some valuable info about which telescope we should buy an see some in action

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Mark Galvin. Reason: Moved to Stargazing Live forum

Mark Galvin
    Administrator
    0p

Hi Mike, welcome to the LAS Forums :-)
    The event at Court Hey Park is definitely still on. I don’t personally know the exact details but I’ll have an ask about for you and we can get the information up on our Stargazing Live page so it’s easy to find too.
    There should be plenty of telescopes about and hopefully it’ll be clear enough to use them. If the weather’s bad, we’ll still be there and you will still be able to see some scopes, just not any stars or planets :-)

Arthur Dent: "But what is it? What’s worth a statue fifteen miles high? "
    Bird: "It was of great symbolic importance to our ancestors, it’s called ’Arthur Dent Throwing the Nutrimatic Cup’. "
    Arthur: "Sorry, what did you say?"

Mark Galvin
    Administrator
    0p

Hi Mike, had an update – come into Court Hey Park at the National Wildflower Centre from Roby Road (same road as Bowring Park Road) which is the A5080 westbound – click here for a Google map – and then everything will be signposted from that point on, but if you have any problems with the signage, you come in the main entrance through the gates, then drive along the road through the park for a minute and we’ll be on the left-hand side. We may not be lit up, especially if it’s clear, but in any case there should be somebody on the gate.
    Sorry that the info was wasn’t immediately available, we’ve been really busy preparing for all of this week’s events and it got missed.

Bird: "It was of great symbolic importance to our ancestors, it’s called ’Arthur Dent Throwing the Nutrimatic Cup’. "

Mike76
    0p

Thanks for the info Mark we’ll find you there. Really looking forward to our first real experience at stargazing with people who know what they are doing

Phil Bryan
    2p

Hi There

I have just joined the forum and am looking at coming over to the meeting tonight. If I bring my small scope along (Skywatcher 127) will there be someone to give me a few pointers on using it?

Mark Galvin
    Administrator
    0p

Mike: No problem :-)

Phil: Hi, welcome to our forum :-) Yes that’s fine :-)

Mark Galvin
    Administrator
    0p

If you’re not sure who to talk to when you get there, ask for Dave Galvin or Brendan Martin

Phil Bryan
    2p

Thanks Mark

I did make it, and spoke to Brendan briefly.

I will try to get to the Ness Gardens event as that is on my doorstep.

Did a bit of “stargazing” on Saturday night as the sky was clear. Managed to get a good view of Jupiter and of the Orion Nebula.

Mark Galvin
    Administrator
    0p

Glad you found us :-) Did you have a good night?
    Yes, Jupiter’s in a good place at the moment being so high up in the sky, as is Orion later in the evening.

Phil Bryan
    2p

I had the Missus and son in tow and yes we all enjoyed it.

If the sky stays clear ( and I’m not too late getting out of work) then I might get the scope out again tonight and try to get some pics

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 1,023 times
This entry was posted on by .