dark sky sites on merseyside and surrounds

The Liverpool Astronomical Society Forums General Chat General Astronomy & Science Discussion dark sky sites on merseyside and surrounds

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  skir 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

skir
    0p

I wonder if anyone can offer some advice on good dark sky sites on Merseyside and surrounding areas and in particular north Wales? I live on the Wirral and I’m looking for good places to go that are within say an hours drive of the Birkenhead end. I would prefer sites that don’t involve having to carry gear a long way from the car and that are reasonably secure.

Also, does your society organise regular trips to darker sky sites?

Thanks, Pete

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Hi Pete, North Wales is the best bet for dark skies, around Llyn Brenig is our favoured area, over on the Wirral there is Wirral country park at Thurstaston we are actually there this Saturday hosting an event with the rangers from 7pm, why not come along and have a chat.
    Cheers
    Brendan

skir
    0p

Hi Brendan. Thanks for the reply. I am away from home currently so can’t make th is Saturday otherwise I would definitely be along.

I’d guessed north Wales might be best. Is the site you use just for society use or is it a public site?

I’d be quite keen to head out with others from both the social and security in numbers aspect, if that makes sense.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 1,102 times
This entry was posted on by .