Dobsonian intelliscope

The Liverpool Astronomical Society Forums Help and Advice Dobsonian intelliscope

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Edward Alan Best 5 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Edward Alan Best
    0p

Hello all
              Has anybody got or had an orion intelliscope? Is the 10 inch version worth an extra £140 over the 8 inch version for general observing? Does the push too system work well?  Thanks.

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Hi Edward, I have the 10″ Intellescope and would not change it, I have had it for over five years and for the money is the best scope on the market (IMHO) it is worth the extra money for more aperture and you wont be dissapointed. The push to system works very well but does need re-aligning on a long session but as this only takes a minute it is no problem.
    cheers
    Brendan

Graham Bell
    0p

Hi Edward, I have the 8″ Intellescope.  For the extra money, if you can afford it, I would go for the 10″.  Like Brendan I am very happy with my scope and I have many a long hour observing through it.

Graham.

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

Hi Edward, I think you have your answer :-)
    I was just going to add that the larger aperture will get you fainter galaxies and will resolve closer stars (doubles, globular clusters etc). If you decide to do a bit of lunar or planetary then you will see finer detail.

David Briscoe
    0p

Hi i have just taken delivery of my Orion 10 intelliscope and its amazing, not fully tried and tested the goto push system, but it does seem to do what it says on the tin, just need some decent sky to have a good play with it…don’t know if you went ahead and got one, but its definitely worth the money…

Edward Alan Best
    0p

Hello David I have not got one at the moment, but when you get a clear night please let me know how accurate the telescope is. Everyone else who has one, has said it is very accurate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.