i am free tomorrow

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Galvin 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

David
    0p

i hope to take my 2 boys for a visit to your observatory tomorrow if that is fine.aged 10 and 8.
    they have a small telescope ( star tracker 2/ edu science 60mm lens 500mm focal length) probably better looking at the moon.
    I have been trying to get them interested without pushing them.
    I think they like the idea that mum lets them stay up later and our recent visit (day time) to Paisley to see the Thomas Coates Observatory which wetted their appetite and mine.

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

Hi David, you are all very welcome to visit the observatory but I do ask that you bring clear skies with you.  :-)
    The weather has not been very good this year and it seems that we have had our fair share of cloud and rain. The darker evenings are now closing in and it is getting darker earlier each evening by approx. 4 mins.
    The International Space Station (ISS) passes over tommorow evening, rising at 21:11:10 in the West and heading Southwards, should be easily seen if clear.
    When you arrive ask for Brendan (Obervatory Director) and I should be there around 20:30.
    Regards from Dave Galvin.

David
    0p

Well I have to say a very enjoyable evening for my two boys and me.A big thanks to Brendan for his welcome,thanks to Dave for his great talk about the telescope in the observatory and the slide show with great explanations for all.And a very big thanks to Graham who took my boys through an enjoyable talk about the stars above last night.And a big thanks for the lads for showing our very first look at the ring nebulae,blew us all away and the boys where chatting all the way home.A big thanks again and we would love to call in again.

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

It was good to have the clear skies over the observatory too.
    I will try and get the camera working for your next visit and then show a couple more galaxies. I am glad that you all enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return trip.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 435 times
This entry was posted on by .