Moon tonite.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Astronut 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Astronut
    0p

Here is an image of our neighbour taken by me with my smartphone through my 5 inch Maksutov.

Astronut
    0p

Here’s another. Cheers.

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

Very nice too, you have captured three of my favourite craters, Theophilus, Cyrillus, Catharina. http://www.shoestringastronomy.com/lunar/L008.htm

Astronut
    0p

Thanks Dave, I was wondering which craters they were.
    For good measure I thought I would upload this pic of Jupiter I took in February. This was also taken by me with a Smartphone, freehand I may add :-)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Astronut.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Astronut.
    Attachments:

Astronut
    0p

Hi, I’m a little lost and wondered if anybody can help. I’m wondering if the darkened crater near the Terminator in this image of the 9 day old Moon is the ray crater Copernicus? If so is the other crater near to it Eratosthenes?
    Cheers.

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

Yep, spot on. Follow it along and up along the Appenine Mountains. Directly below and on the terminator is the large crater Clavius.

Astronut
    0p

Cheers Dave!
    I’m well chuffed with that!

Astronut
    0p

Wow! The more I look at this image and compare it to my Moon map the more I can see and recognise! Archimedes above the Apennine Mountains, Plato and the Alpes, not forgetting the smaller members of the Mare Imbrium! It’s all becoming ever more exciting!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 643 times
This entry was posted on by .