Need help with the stars position

The Liverpool Astronomical Society Forums Help and Advice Need help with the stars position

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Galvin 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

LadyLol
    0p

Hi, I need help I require a star map or image of the position of the stars over Liverpool on the 12th of August 2013, if possible around mid-day (I know there won’t be an actual image from during the day) but at any point during that date at least. It’s really important I get hold of one asap but I don’t know where to start and a quick search sent me here and hey who better to ask!

Thanks in advance of any replies

Lol

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

I should be able to sort a star map for you, any paricular direction i.e N, S, E, W or over head?

LadyLol
    0p

Fantastic, overhead please, I just found out It’s actually Knutsford ( here’s the long at lat details http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/doc/postcodeunit/WA160R0W ) I need not Liverpool and at 14.30 if possible.

Been trying to hunt down some pictures of the perseid shower from the area too but only managed to find one from Jodrell so if anyone can point me towards some of those that would be brilliant.

Thanks

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

Hi Lol, sorry for the delay. I gotside tracked with a couple of things and just remembered about your request.
    I have screen grabbed an image of the sky (Sun dimmed down) at the date, time and place requested, and hopefuly, showing the stars, planets and a couple of sattellites that would be visible at that time. Sadly it will not show any daytime meteors :-)
    Curious as to what you are looking for!

I should add that the free software Stellarium cand be downloaded from here and is excelllent.

A couple of sites showing Persied meteors 2013 :
    Spaceweather.com

Google image search

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  David Galvin.
    Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 858 times
This entry was posted on by .