noob

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wayne mac 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wayne mac
    0p

hi im new to this just joined recently im after a new telescope and was looking at a celestron astromaster 130md been offered one for £110 im just wondering if this is a good buy as i dont know what to do please help i have a max of £160 to spend i know it aint big bucks but to me it is .

Dave Bentley
    0p

Hi Wayne,
    I believe this is quite a good starter scope and gets good reviews on the web sites. Quite a few starter scopes save money by supplying them with smallish mounts. If the mount appears a bit wobbly then you can always beef it up later. The best thing would be to bring it up to our observatory at Pex Hill on a Wednesday night and people there will give you advice (we are afriendly bunch!).

cheers
    Dave B

wayne mac
    0p

ive got a different one now still a celestron powerseeker 127eq for the same price all i need is some good eyepeices i think meade are a good one

Dave Bentley
    0p

Hi Wayne,
    There are lots of good eyepieces out there and nowadays they tend to be a lot better than a few years ago. You wont go far wrong with Meade eyepieces, also have alook at Celestron the other US giant. They also make decent eyepieces as do Vixen of Japan. There are lots of reviews on web sites like Cloudy Nights etc.
    Generally the more you pay the better the eyepiece. US made Naglers are often considered as the Rolls Royce of the eyepiece world but would cost more than a lot of telescopes.
    Have fun.
    Dave B

wayne mac
    0p

thankyou very much dave i hope to see you soon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 581 times
This entry was posted on by .