Polar alignment help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ebby64 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ebby64
    0p

I’ve been getting bogged down and frustrated by the technicalities of polar alignment and telescope setting up procedures. I want to do it correctly, am totally new to astronomy and have hit a bit of a wall. Can anyone please offer any simple advice? I live in Ormskirk and will be thinking of joining the society soon. The instructions with the telescope were worse than useless and you tube videos were confusing rather than helpful. I don’t want to sound like an idiot but I also want to set up and get stargazing. Thank you in advance! Graeme

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Hi Graeme, if you would like to bring your scope along to our Observatory one Wednesday evening we would be only to glad to help you. Brendan

John
    2p

I’ve been getting bogged down and frustrated by the technicalities of polar alignment and telescope setting up procedures. I want to do it correctly, am totally new to astronomy and have hit a bit of a wall. Can anyone please offer any simple advice? I live in Ormskirk and will be thinking of joining the society soon. The instructions with the telescope were worse than useless and you tube videos were confusing rather than helpful. I don’t want to sound like an idiot but I also want to set up and get stargazing. Thank you in advance! Graeme

Hi Graeme,Go on youtube Astronomy shed.the guy there has loads of astronomy related articles including polar alignment.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS43vH_sDbg

ebby64
    0p

Brendan, thank you for the offer! I may just do that when I get the chance although it’s a biggie and heavy too……..it may be a few weeks until I cam get a free Wednesday night. I look forward to meeting you and the other members there. Thank you again.

ebby64
    0p

John, I’ve had a look before at some of those videos and will have to do so again to refresh my mind. I’ll keep at it to see how far I get. Thank you for the advice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 620 times
This entry was posted on by .