Telrad finder

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Austin Fitch 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Austin Fitch
    0p

Hi all,
    I have been thinking about buying a Telrad finder for my dob and have heard good things about them. Could anyone give me their opinion on the pros and cons from presonal experience. Any info would be much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Austin

John
    2p

In my experience ,I have found RDF’s are OK as long as you have a reasonably dark sky but you may have difficulty locating fainter objects when you need fainter stars to locate them.You can always  suppliment the RDF by adding a decent finder scope,either a 10 x 30 or better still a 10 x 50.Hope this helps. John

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Hi Austin, I agree with John, I myself find the Telrad’s restrictive for fainter objects and stars and find a good 10×50 much better, I have a right angled 9×50 correct image finder which I find much better, especially when trying to locate objects near the zenith (no breaking your neck trying to look through).
    cheers
    Brendan

Austin Fitch
    0p

Cheers guys, it sounds like I am best keeping hold of my right angle 10×50 for now then, as I am really interested in the deep sky objects more than anyting else.
    Thanks for the help,
    Austin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 558 times
This entry was posted on by .