Hello and a warm welcome to our Young Astronomers’ Club Home Page for 2019/20 session
Our Young Astronomers club starts again on 3rd October 2019 from 7pm, you’re most welcome! Click here to see all upcoming Young Astronomers’ events.
If you’re under 17 years of age, interested in the wonderful hobby of Astronomy, live in or near the Merseyside area and would like to know where you can go to enjoy astronomy then you’ve hit the right place.
We’re the Liverpool Astronomical Society and we run a monthly Young Astronomers Club at our Pex Hill Observatory. The club meets monthly between October and March where we do many things including observing through telescopes, astro-imaging, have many interesting talks, making a telescope, build a solar system, Lunar Projects and many other things. The club is aimed at 10 to 16 year olds but we don’t turn any youngster away. We have children from 7 to 17 with a regular turn out each month of around 25 so come along and meet us, we’re a friendly lot;
- Steve Southern – LAS President
- Brendan Martin – LAS Vice-President
- David Galvin – Director of the Observatory
You can contact us either via Twitter @AstronomersLas or on the form at the bottom of this page.
- Youngsters must be accompanied by parent or responsible adult.
- Cost is £1.50 per youngster per evening or you can join the Youngsters Club for £5.00 a year.
- Drinks and refreshments included
- Start time is 7:00pm through to 8:30pm (but may run on a little later)
- As you may be outside, dress appropriately – it may be very cold!
Dates for October 2019 – March 2020
- Thursday October 3rd 2019
- Thursday November 7th 2019
- Thursday December 5th 2019
- Thursday January 9th 2020
- Thursday February 6th 2020
- Thursday March 5th 2020
Getting to Pex Hill
For directions go to: http://liverpoolas.org/2012/05/28/about-the-leighton-observatory/
Pex Hill is located at the edge of the village of Cronton, on the Merseyside / Cheshire border off the A5080 road from the M62/M57 junction towards Widnes. We share the building with the Conservation Volunteers
Come along and meet us, I’m sure you’ll have a great time – Steve Southern
For information about the LAS Child Protection Policy please follow this link
To go to the Young Astronomers Club free form ‘YAC page’ follow the link bellow. You must register and be a member of the LAS Young Astronomers Club to be able to add or edit this page but you can view it without registering.