Hello and a warm welcome to our Young Astronomers’ Club Home Page for 2017/18 session
– Our Young Astronomers club starts again on 19th October 2017 from 7pm, you’re most welcome! Click here to see all upcoming Young Astronomers’ events.
If you’re under 17 years of age, interested in the wonderful hobby of Astronomy, live in or near the Merseyside area and would like to know where you can go to enjoy astronomy then you’ve hit the right place.
We’re the Liverpool Astronomical Society and we run a monthly Young Astronomers Club at our Pex Hill Observatory. This will be the sixth successful year we have run our youngsters club. The club meets monthly between October and March where we do many things including observing through telescopes, astro-imaging, have many interesting talks, making a telescope, build a solar system, Lunar Projects and many other things. The club is aimed at 10 to 16 year olds but we don’t turn any youngster away. We have children from 7 to 17 with a regular turn out each month of around 25 so come along and meet us, we ‘re a friendly lot;
- Geoff Regan – Youngsters Organiser
- Steph Reed – Youngsters Representative
- David Galvin – Observatory Director – For more information Contact the Director of the Observatory
- Youngsters must be accompanied by parent or responsible adult.
- Cost is £1.50 per youngster per evening or you can join the Youngsters Club for £5.00 a year.
- Drinks and refreshments included
- Start time is 7:00pm through to 8:30pm
- As you may be outside, dress appropriately – it may be very cold!
The 2017-18 dates start October 2017 and run until March 2018 – dates updated below:
- October 19th 2017 – The Big Bang Theory
- November 30th 2017 – The night sky
- December 21st 2017 – All about Telescopes
- January 25th 2018 – Exoplanets
- February 15th 2018 – Space Missions
- March 22nd 2018 – Youngsters Talks
Getting to Pex Hill
For directions go to: http://liverpoolas.org/2012/05/28/about-the-leighton-observatory/
Pex Hill is located at the edge of the village of Cronton, on the Merseyside / Cheshire border off the A5080 road from the M62/M57 junction towards Widnes. We share the building with the Conservation Volunteers
Come along and meet us, I’m sure you’ll have a great time – Steve Southern
For information about the LAS Child Protection Policy please follow this link
To go to the Young Astronomers Club free form ‘YAC page’ follow the link bellow. You must register and be a member of the LAS Young Astronomers Club to be able to add or edit this page but you can view it without registering.