- This event has passed.
Liverpool Astronomical Society presents: The Croxteth Park Star Party Weekend of Astronomy, Saturday December 2nd & Sunday December 3rd, 2000
Saturday, 2nd December 2000 @ 18:30 - 21:30 GMT
Croxteth Park & Hall, Saturday December 2nd & Sunday December 3rd, 2000
6:30pm – 9:30pm.
A weekend Star Party to travel the Universe with Liverpool Astronomical Society
- Entry is £1:00 for Adults & 50p for under 16’s, (Per Person per night).
- Access to event is via the Disabled/Stables entrance in
CROXTETH HALL LANE – Please expect delays due to road-works!
(All other park entrances will be closed!)
- Free monitored car park in front of Croxteth Hall.
There will be:
- Telescopes to look through, (Weather permitting).
- Entertaining & informative talks on Astronomy.
- Free advice on how to get the most of the fascinating science of Astronomy.
- Society publications on sale.
- Astronomy image & observations display.
- Astronomical Software & Computer Room.
- Hot Tea & Coffee available at small charge.
- Lots of things to do, see and buy.
WEAR CLOTHING AND FOOTWEAR APPROPRIATE FOR THE WEATHER.
EVEN IF WET & WINDY WE WILL BE THERE, WITH EVENTS INSIDE THE HALL.
- December 2000 Sky Notes Page. What to see in the night sky this month. (link removed as URL is invalid)
- Star Constellations on view – December 2000 .Your very own star chart for the weekend.
- Meteor Showers for December (link removed as URL is invalid)
- How to find Croxteth Hall & Park (With thanks to Tony Williams & Mike Oates)
- Croxteth Park Grounds Plan (With thanks to Tony Williams & Mike Oates)
More LAS Events & Venues
- Next LAS Sidewalk Astronomers The Next Event: January 26th 2001
- Meetings at Pex Hill Observatory every Weds 7-9pm
- The Observatory Project & history – 1994 – 1999.
The LAS Pex HIll Observatory is managed by Liverpool Astronomical Society in conjuction with North West Water PLC. The Observatory is for use by Society members only, however, should you wish to book any individual or group visits to the observatory then please contact:-
The Director of the Liverpool A.S. Observatories
Mr Geoff Regan