Can we visit your Observatory

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Brendan Martin 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

JULIE ORMONDE
    0p

Hi…again,

AS stated in one of your discussion posts we will be attending the BAP conference next friday 9-10 Sept and we would love to visit your Observatory.  We have never been to an Observatory and would be thrilled to come back to our newly formed astronomy group ..the South Kerry Astronomy Group..and them them all about you.

Had to register with your site in order to contact you guys.  There was no contact details on your site that we could see.
    Hope one of you will get in touch with whomever could organise the visit.  There are only 2 of us,

Kerry visiters

JULIE ORMONDE
    0p

I will phone you on Monday from work. Yes, I know…I’ll be using the work phone but its a perk of the job so shhhh.

What time would best suit you?

JULIE ORMONDE
    0p

Oh didn’t see the email bit…so I’ll email you soon.

Thanks for your prompt reply, can’t wait to see your Observatory.  You can show off as much as you like, we are already impressed.

JULIE ORMONDE
    0p

Ok, Just sent you the email…how did we ever survive without this technology…brilliant!

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p
    "brendan martin":3lhr4iyc wrote:
    Hi Julie, yes we would be only to happy for you to come and visit us next week. If you would like to contact me on xxxxxxxxxx or email me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxco.uk
    cheers
    Brendan (Observatory Director)
    [/quote:3lhr4iyc]

Hi Brendan, I was wondering if it might be best, once you have copied the telephone number, to remove it from the message incase a ‘trawler’ collects the numer to sell on to dodgy people!

JULIE ORMONDE
    0p

OK, that was bright of me didn’t copy down your phone number tuntil I needed it so..this morning I logged into your site to copy down the number and it was all xxxxx’d out, now I can’t fone you . Guess you’l have to email me now at:
    iveraghastro2@eircom.net

JULIE ORMONDE
    0p

guess I’m even dimmer than I thought…just realised that you already emailed me the number …checked and I have it, so I’l phone you this morning….guess I’ll jsut ahve another cup of coffee to start the wheels turning in my brain….yawn!

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

mmm……coffee :-)
    Hope your day went well Julie and you managed to contact Brendan.

JULIE ORMONDE
    0p

I did…thank you for that.

I will phone him at the number he provided i n his email, don’t know whether it is a mobile number or not … so will he be available at that number on Fri?
    The dinner starts at around 8.00pm but we are willing to forego the dinner to go see your observatory (can have food anytime, a packet of crisps will do us). 
    We will probably have to get a taxi there so where will we say to drop us off at?

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Julie, I will pick you up we can discuss when you ring Friday.
    cheers
    Brendan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.