First telescope.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gary85 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    +1

Gary85
    2p

Just ordered my first proper telescope. I’ve been interested in astronomy for a couple of years now and have got to know most of the sky by eye but have only just got round to buying a decent scope. Can’t wait til it comes tomorrow or Monday so I can get a decent view of Jupiter or one of the other planets at last and smash this ‘beginner scope’ into a thousand pieces!
    Are the weekly meetings still held at pex hill? I might come check it out once I get the hang of my scope.
    Does anyone have any experience with the Skywatcher evostar 120 eq5? It seems like it will be a decent planetary scope once I get used to the equatorial mount.

Gary85
    2p

Also can I pay for membership at pex hill or can it only be done online?

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Hi Gary, yes we still meet every Wednesday at Pex Hill and you can join there.
    Brendan

Gary85
    2p

Thanks Brendan. My telescope arrived today and is much bigger and bulkier than I realised! More knobs and controls than I thought too. I haven’t had chance to try it out yet, have just been reading how to balance and align them etc. Hopefully I can make it there this or next Wednesday. I will bring my telescope with me if I can manage to haul it there and the weather is good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 843 times
This entry was posted on by .