HELP, NEW TO ALL OF THIS

The Liverpool Astronomical Society Forums Help and Advice HELP, NEW TO ALL OF THIS

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  David Galvin 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Christian_Lyndsey
    0p

Hello,

My partner and I recently bought a Newtonian 700x76mm telescope. We have built it and tried to use it twice with little success. Can anybody help with what I am to do to correctly set it up and also how to correctly use it as we don’t want to miss any more clear nights to view.

Many thanks

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Hi Christian, why not bring your telescope along to our observatory tonight, we would be only to happy to help you get the best out of your new purchase.
    Brendan

Christian_Lyndsey
    0p

Hello Brendan,

Thanks for your prompt response. I would happily come tonight however we have plans sorry. How often are the meetings, if there is one next week or at the weekend we would gladly attend? What address is the observatory?

Cheers

Christian_Lyndsey
    0p

Also Brendan what time are the meetings?

Tnanks

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Hi Christian, we are open every Wednesday from 7pm details and address can be found here http://liverpoolas.org/2012/03/10/weekly-meetings/
    cheers
    Brendan

Christian_Lyndsey
    0p

Brendan,

Thats great, expect us there next Wednesday. See you then

Thanks

Mika
    0p

Hi, we have the same problem as Christina,, therefore can we come and bring our telescope next Wednesday, please. Thanks.

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Hi Mika, yes you are more than welcome to come along on Wednesday, see you then.
    Brendan

MarkShankly
    0p

Hello! I have recently bought a reflector telescope off ebay and I can’t see much through it. The telescope seems fine I just think it needs collimating. It’s my first telescope and I am sure how to do it, I thought about taking it into a shop but they wanted too much money. my other option is buying a laser collimator but I would still need help. If I brought my telescope to one of your meeting do you think I could get somebody to help me to collimate it?

Mark Galvin
    Administrator
    0p

Hi Mark,
    Bring it along and somebody should be able to help :-)
    Next meeting is tomorrow night, but we’re at the observatory every Wednesday http://liverpoolas.org/2012/03/10/weekly-meetings/

Arthur Dent: "But what is it? What’s worth a statue fifteen miles high? "
    Bird: "It was of great symbolic importance to our ancestors, it’s called ’Arthur Dent Throwing the Nutrimatic Cup’. "
    Arthur: "Sorry, what did you say?"

MarkShankly
    0p

Hello Mark!
    If I can sort a lift out for tonight I’ll see you then, if not I’ll see you next week.
    Thank you for your response. Can’t wait to see something through my telescope:)

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

Hopefuly see you up there Mark, I think we have a laser collimator at the obs too. Ask for Brendan (Observatory Director) or myself Dave Galvin.
    You never know, you might get a chance to see Saturn.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  David Galvin.

chrism007
    0p

Hi, is it possible for me to come along for some help with my new telescope? Thank you very much.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  chrism007.

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

The observatory at Pex Hill is open from 19:00 each Wednesday. Please feel free to pop along to see us and bring your telescope. We will do our best to help you sort it out.
    Regards from Dave Galvin.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.