Hi everyone

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  james mallon 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

From Gareth Lennon
    I’d just like to introduce myself to everyone. I’ve loved Space and Space exploration for about 20 years now but have only recently got myself a telescope. The first time i used it was in the lake district and i got to see the planet Jupiter which was just amazing! That image of the beautiful planet and it’s four moons will stay with me forever. Since i’ve got back, much to my girlfriends dismay (she just doesn’t get my fascination with Space) i’ve been checking out the moon from my own backyard, needless to say i’m hooked now! I look forward to meetings with everyone and getting and sharing information with you all. I’m definitly going to try and make it to Pex hill, i’ll keep checking the dates. Catch you all soon, Gareth.

we will look forward to seeing you any wednesday at Pex Hill
    clear skies
    Brendan

james mallon
    0p

hi gareth and welcome to the site you’ve come to the right place for information and friendliness were are you from i’m jimmythemoonlight from liverpool glad you got hooked after looking at jupier wait till you see saturn and pleiades you’ll be amazed anyway hope you have clear skies always were you are looking forward to speaking with you jimmy 

AstroNewb
    0p

Alright Jimmy and thank you for the warm welcome. Like yourself, i’m from Liverpool. Looking forward to seeing alot more in the sky, i believe were in for a busy new year. If my information is correct we get to see mars, saturn and venus all early next year between the months of feb to may! Correct me if i’m wrong though, still new at this, ha! Have you been to Pex hill, if so how was it, defo an option to learn new skills. Nice talking to you pal, catch you soon, Gareth.

james mallon
    0p

hi gareth thanx for that quick reply you might be able to see mars this month to the east depending were you are im in huyton and viewing here in my back garden is very very good when the skies are clear yes i’ve been to pex hill it is outstanding the last time i was there i looked through a 16 inch dob to see neptune it was breathtaking moved very fast from north to south there was lots of people there and the sky was crystal clear going to try and get to pex hill tonight if i can because the guy who normally takes me has got other commitments oh well there is a meeting in the quaker building in school lane in town on friday starts at 7 oclock i will be going to that but it only happens once a month but that is very good also and im going to join for the year this time as you feel part of the family of astronuts anyway hope to see you either tonight or on friday if you can make it jimmythemoonlight 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.