Image stacking

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Galvin 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mark Galvin
    Administrator
    0p

Hi all,
    I was just wondering what software people use to stack images?

I know there’s Registax for videos, but what if you have, e.g. 10 x ordinary 6 second exposures saved as high quality images? What software would you use to stack them to make a simulated 60s exposure?

Thanks!

Arthur Dent: "But what is it? What’s worth a statue fifteen miles high? "
    Bird: "It was of great symbolic importance to our ancestors, it’s called ’Arthur Dent Throwing the Nutrimatic Cup’. "
    Arthur: "Sorry, what did you say?"

David Galvin
    Administrator
    2p

Registax is an excellent piece of software and is good for stacking Lunar, Solar and planetary images. It will take an .AVI video file (without audio) and alow you to seperate the good frames from the bad frames. The bad frames are, generally, due to bad seeing conditions. The software will also accept individual still frames i.e .bmp. The software is very good and uses a set of ‘Wavlets’ to tease out the fine detail. Other software on the market is
    ‘AutoStakkert’, again a stacking programme that produces a similair result as Registax but has no image processing facility onboard. The resulting image can be imported into Registax and sharpened. If you only have a few images to combine then Adobe Photoshop can be used and the images stacked manually and then processed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 1,037 times
This entry was posted on by .