Intro and advice

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Otten 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Martin Otten
    0p

Hello Everyone.

It’s been a long time since i looked up into the sky’s, in fact i went to a few LAS mettings a long time ago, when you used to meet in the Liverpool Museum, well the week before last when we had a few clear skys, i got my telescope out of the loft, set it up in the back yard and enjoyed a couple of hours stargazing with my daughters, don’t laugh but the telescope in question is one i got off my parents for my 11th birthday, its a 2″ refractor f600, with 20mm, 12.5mm & 4mm 0.9 dia eyepiece’s.

My request for advice is i’m looking at getting a new telescope and am thinking of getting one of the Skywatcher EVOSTAR’s anyone used one, and what are your opinion on them?

Thanks in advance

Martin

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Sorry Martin I have not used an Evostar so I cant help you but the reviews seem okay.
    cheers
    Brendan

Martin Otten
    0p

Just read through the history of the LAS article, and it mentioned about Dr Patrick Moore’s visit in 1990, and I remembered I attended the lecture he did in St Georges Hall and had the pleasure of meeting him beforehand. carn’t beleave its nearly 22 years ago, boy time does fly.

Martin Otten
    0p

I got my new Telescope, it’s a massive improvment over my old one, in the end i went for a Celestron Powerseeker 127eq, i am happy with it in general, the scope itself is nice however to keep costs down, their are some components that i will be upgrading in the future namely, finderscope, eyepieces and tripod. hahaha, not much left after that to upgrade, first one is a set of kellnar eyepieces of the wife and kids for christmas.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 566 times
This entry was posted on by .