This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ken Campbell 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ken Campbell

I am an Astronomy Writer and broadcaster from Southern Spain recently returned to live in the UK. I am currently living just off Horrocks Avenue in Garston. I was delighted to find that there is a prominent monument dedicated to Jeremiah Horrocks at the roadside of Horrocks Avenue.

On closer inspection I was horrified to discover that the adjoining plaque reads that Jeremiah made great contributions to British ASTROLOGY!!

Young Jeremiah must be turning in his grave, I know that I would be.

I would ask that the Liverpool Astronomy Society join with me to have this miscarriage remedied before the next transit of Venus in June. I can be contacted at

David Galvin

Goodness how embarrassing for Jeremiah, I will forward this on to our secretary who may be able to help out!

P.S Ken, are you happy for your e-mail details to be public or would you like me to blank it out. Let me know please.

Ken Campbell

Please join my facebook page JUSTICE for JEREMIAH and lets get the recognition that young Jeremiah deserves…He WAS NOT an ASTROLOGER!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 772 times
This entry was posted on by .