Twitter feed Eclipse image from ISS???

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Galvin 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brian
    5p

Re – LAS Twitter feed (Twitter – aptly named – need I say more!!) RT @barickiza: Mind Blowing Image of the Eclipse seen from International Space Station
    IMHO that image is BS.

Can LAS do anything about it?

Brian

Mark Galvin
    Administrator
    0p

Hi Brian,
    Yep, you’re right! It’s a software rendering which was produced last year. I’ll remove it from our Twitter feed shortly.
    Here’s an article about the image http://gizmodo.com/5912184/this-mind-blowing-image-of-the-eclipse-taken-from-space-cant-possibly-real

It was actually me who ‘re-tweeted’ it after somebody else tweeted it – I should have double-checked and added the note that it wasn’t real but I’d been awake for 34 hours solid and the memory gets a bit wobbly by that point! :-)

When you say can we do anything about it, we can for our own Twitter feed, but the best we can do other than that is just let the person who tweeted it in the first place ( @barickiza ) know the true origin of it.

Twitter is full of a lot of rubbish, yes, but it’s also got a lot of great info on and is very handy for keeping in touch with people.

My apologies for the blip in quality last night,
    Mark

Arthur Dent: "But what is it? What’s worth a statue fifteen miles high? "
    Bird: "It was of great symbolic importance to our ancestors, it’s called ’Arthur Dent Throwing the Nutrimatic Cup’. "
    Arthur: "Sorry, what did you say?"

Brian
    5p

Thanks Mark.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on Twitter – I just see it as an abuse of technology.

Brian

Mark Galvin
    Administrator
    0p

No worries :-)

Arthur Dent: "But what is it? What’s worth a statue fifteen miles high? "
    Bird: "It was of great symbolic importance to our ancestors, it’s called ’Arthur Dent Throwing the Nutrimatic Cup’. "
    Arthur: "Sorry, what did you say?"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewed 544 times
This entry was posted on by .