Venus

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marcus Chislett 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Marcus Chislett
    0p

Hi folks.

Does anyone here use a filter when viewing Venus? If so, what do you use? I saw one on the internet for about £65, and was hoping there was a cheaper alternative.
    I’m going to try my moon filter next time I’m out, see if that gives me a bit more detail.

I saw the Sky at Night programme last night on BBC4, which featured the LAS. Most impressed! I’ll be looking to join in the near future, once I’ve had a little more practice -what’s the process??

Many thanks,
    Chiz

Brendan Martin
    Administrator
    1p

Hi Chiz, to join the LAS you can come along to either our weekly meeting on a Wednesday eveng or our monthly meeting (see syllabus section), you dont need to be accomplished to join just interested in astronomy.
    I do not use filters to view Venus but I am sure someone else will be able to advise on which one is best.
    cheers
    Brendan

Marcus Chislett
    0p

Thanks Brendan.
    I’m not about for next weeks “Monthly” meet as it’s the missus’ birthday and I can imagine the response I’d get if I told her I had better things to do!
    I’ll try to get along to Pex Hill, but failing that will see you at next months do at the Quaker.

Chiz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.